Wednesday, July 26, 2006
The Radio Shack Zone
OK now for a post on work. I work at a Radio Shack dealer store in my home town. Before I go on I suppose I should say that nothing I say here necessarily reflects the thought or oppinions of Radio Shack or the owner or coworkers of the store I work at. These are just my thoughts and oppinions. Anyway I have come to realize that when people walk into my store they enter a 'Radio Shack Zone'. This is kind of like the twilight zone only a little bit creepier. Normal intelligent people turn into raving idiots or angry maniacs. This zone does not effect everyone. Most of my customers are nice people who come in and buy what they need and leave. These people, however common and frequent they are, are not the subject of these posts. Let me relate an incidence so that you can understand what I am talking about.

A man comes into my store.

Customer: "Do you have wire?"

Me: "Sure. What kind of wire do you need?"

Customer: "Wire wire."

Me: "Um I'm not sure what kind of wire that is can you be a little more specific?"

Customer: "You know, wire wire"

Me: Oh boy this is going to be interesting "OK let's see. We have telephone wire, speaker wire, audio wire, alarm wire, intercom wire, audio/video cabeling, guy wire, antenna wire, ground wire. Which one of those do you need?"

Customer: "The kind of wire that conducts electricity"

I know this man must be an intelligent person. He has stepped into the Radio Shack Zone. He cannot explain what he needs and he is getting more and more frustrated by the second.

Me: "Well sir that doesn't help me much as that is how all wire works. Wire by its nature conducts the electricity and that is how we use it in all of these different applications."

Customer: "I really need wire to conduct electricity and I know you have it."

I am starting to realize what he needs.

Me: "Do you mean house electrical wire. Like the kind that goes inside your walls through conduit and powers your AC outlets?"

Customer: "YES! That is what I need."

Me: "I'm sorry sir we don't carry that kind of wire."


The man walked out. This is what I mean by the Radio Shack Zone. It's quite strange.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard my drink almost spewed from my nose.

Brilliant!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer