Thursday, July 27, 2006
INTENSE!
What is going on with our adiction with intensity. It seems like these days everything is more intense in ways that would baffle our ancestors. It's not good enough to have a cheese cracker anymore we need an intense cheese flavor with cheese and spice sprinkles. We have flavor blasting and triple coating. A baked potato doesn't quite cut it. Instead we order loaded potatoes with cheese and bacon and sour cream and onion and lord knows what else. Our T.V. is more intense too. The reality show gives us glimpses into the 'reality' of life. A simple comedy or drama is lame. The shows were we see people fighting and getting torn apart by other people is the thing we need. If that is not enough you can get the "too hot for tv" version that shows said people getting naked, beating on each other, and cursing. It is unacceptable to get a movie all by itself when I buy a DVD. I must have the extras. I need the bonus footage, director's cut, commentary, behind the scenes, music videos, and internet content. What is wrong with us. We are constantly wanting more. I long for simpler days when the favorite time of the week is when my family went to grandma's house for dinner on Sunday. This craving for intensity is ruining the pleasure we can get from normal life experiences and simple beauty.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that... I want a small town, a simple airplane and the chance to put my cell phone in the trap thrower and blow it to bits. (Ok the alarm clock too.=-)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer