Saturday, July 29, 2006
Neopets
So I'm an adult male who plays Neopets. Yeah the site has more of a kid friendly tilt but I have had lots of fun with this silly website. What I am starting to dislike about it is that since they have been sold to Viacom/MTV the site has become more interested in commercial aspects, at least in my opinion. It seems that the free fun stuff is becoming more and more neglected. When Neopets puts together a plot they do a pretty fantastic job of making it interesting and hard enough to be challenging without being impossible. It appears that lately, however, while the plot is still put together well, the conclusions are slow and frustrating. The award winning seems to be postponed over-long. I understand that they need to calculate the winnings and figure out the different levels of prizes, but they continually announce that prizes will be done way before they actually complete the work and issue the goods. I just wish they would keep their mouths shut unless they are completely sure that the thing is done. I also think they have way too many things going on at the same time. I wish they would finish one thing before introducing the next ala Altador plot and Altador Cup. I guess it's more that the site is going to change and I would like it not to. Ah well, if wishes were horses we'd all have something for dinner.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer