Sunday, July 30, 2006
Love Part 2
So I wrote in a previous post about the stages of love. I have recieved some positive feedback about that post so I'd like to expand a little on my concept. When you have a relationship between two Stage one people you get one squared which is one. That just so happens to be the number of people in the relationship when things get tough. It surprises me how many people expect their relationships to be static things. They don't want things to change yet they always do. A relationship will always have highs and lows yet most stage one people never get to experience the wonderful sensations of going through a low and conquering it with the person they love. If you have a match with a stage one and a stage two person you have perhaps the saddest of all relationships. Two plus one is three which is often the number of people you'll have in the relationship when the stage one person finds another stage one person to have an affair with when things get rough. The stage one person is sometimes sorry that the relationship didn't work out, but they are ready to move on to more stage one relationships. The stage two person is left with nothing but a desire for a stage two relationship with their former partner or a great resentment towards the betrayal they feel, or both. The double stage two relationship is what we witness when we see people married for 20, 30, or 40 years or more. You get double the comfort, companionship, and rewarding relationship. You halve the sorrows and double the highs. I know my math here is quite illogical and a bit contrived, but it's my blog and I'll do what I want, so there. It works to illustrate the point I wanted to make. I think this is the last of the posts on love for awhile. I don't want to seem like a cheap knock-off of Dr. Laura. Here's to hoping all your relationships are rewarding and fullfilling.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer