Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Writing
I just discovered today that the college that I go to has published two of my poems in their creative writing journal, the Wordeater. I had originally submitted three but they decided not to publish the one poem I considered my best. I suppose my bitter, angry, and sad poems are more in style than my poem with hope. Anyway if you would like to read them here they are (Pilgrim's Journey was the one they didn't publish):


Break Up

Awful words you said
Each embedded upon my psyche
Seared upon my soul
Sacrificed to the wind of your whim
You left me alone
Careless in your disregard of my heart
You drenched the flame of my love
In your sea of spite
Upon the altar of self interest
You tore open my spirit
Dashed it onto the sharp edge of your selfishness
You have impaled me with
The cruelty of your contempt
I lie broken within the realm of
Your mean-spirited malice
Awaiting a new love
To break me again


Pilgrim's Journey

A cold wind blows across my face
A tear runs down my cheek
This cup's been bitter hard
But there's a whole lot more to drink

The path goes forever on
Away into the dusk
To hard to stagger on
Yet trod along I must

Heavy is my burden
Crushing heart and soul
Loneliness surrounds me
Empty, dark, and cold

Yet hope begins to kindle
I know this road's end
In the matter of a lifetime
Is just around the bend


That Silence of Night

That silence of night
Engulfs me
Deafens me
Terrifies me
Persecutes me
That bitter silence of night


That silence of night
Swaddles me
Quiets me
Soothes me
Comforts me
That sweet silence of night


I hope you liked them. For some reason I can't get the title to Pilgrim's Journey to behave and stay the correct size so it's a bit bigger than it should be. These poems are copyrighted by me and may not be used without permission.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer