Tuesday, September 26, 2006
The Group Thing is Just Not My Cup of Tea
Group school work that is. It seems to be the latest fad in teaching or maybe it's just that I haven't been in school for a long time. I absolutely hate doing group projects and my teachers just absolutely love to assign them. I have no idea why. Maybe they just like to piss people off.

I've gotten them in almost every class in two years of college. It's not that I don't like working with others, well, maybe it is, but it goes beyond that. I don't have the time to go searching for when these people have days off. I don't want to deal with their lack of motivation for decent grades. I don't want them over at my place and I don't want to go to theirs.

I work and I go to school full time. I barely have time to sleep much less find the infinitesimally small window of time that the three of us have free together. This is ridiculous. This is college. My work should be my work alone and I don't want to be responsible for any one else's grade, much less have them responsible for mine.

Give it up teachers. Everyone hates group projects, except the people who don't do any work and then get the grade because their group pulls their weight. If you want to do a group thing find an orgy, don't bastardize my education.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer