Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Neptune is in my WHAT?
First of all I'd like to thank all of the commenters. It's nice to know that there's other suffering bastards nice people out there. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Now on to the main reason for my post today. Astrology. I've never been a fan of or an adherent to horoscopes or any of that sort of thing. I am now rethinking my position. My good friend Jason and I were talking about it the other night and he had some very interesting insights I'd like to share with you. Yes, both of you, now listen up. He, like me, doesn't believe the horoscopes, but he did have something interesting to say about the personality types. I made a comment about how the majority of what the astrologers write about Pisces fits me perfectly. I find this to be eerily disturbing for a skeptic such as myself. He gave me a new perspective on astrology.

He said that he believes that there are certain cycles in our personalities. The cycles are not determined by what constellation that the sun was in on your birthday, but they can be categorized that way. Obviously this won't fit everybody, or maybe it does, I don't know. So for instance, the fact that the sun happens to be in Pisces on my birthdate does not make me a moody introvert. It may however be that during that particular time many people are born with this type of personality.

Let me put it this way. Putting a little blue stick person figure on a door doesn't make that room automatically turn into a restroom. It does however, conveniently mark a restroom for us. It makes it easy for people to identify a restroom.

That is what the zodiacal constellations are. Identifiers of personalities. They don't cause the personalities or determine whether or not you should pay your stupid tax purchase that lotto ticket.

I found this explanation to be not only profound but also very sensical. I hope you do to. Hey I have to go according to Yahoo's psychics I have to contemplate my future for the rest of the day. Oh, and if any Geminis or Scorpios need a Pisces who is lost in their own little fantasy world be sure to let me know.


1 Comments:

Blogger Kumquat said...

As a Libra, I have to tell you that you are full of crap and I am brilliant. Or is it you are full of crap and I am beautiful? Or maybe you are full of crap and I am marvelous? Well, it's one of those. After all, Libras are indecisive.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer