Thursday, August 24, 2006
ACK!
Am I the only person in the entire world who hates it when one type of food on my plate touches another type of food on the same plate? This is a tad, ok a lot, OCD . I admit it freely and openly. I absolutely can't stand it when my food touches. I think it mixes the flavors and I don't want my potatoes to taste like green beans or my turkey to taste like cranberries. It makes me ill to watch my father eat because he takes a little bit of everything in one bite. He will, for example, take a small bit of mashed potatoes then skewer a green bean or two all before spearing a piece of roast. He then somehow manages to put this on top of his tastebuds without gagging. His defense is always the same: "It all goes to the same place anyway". Is it just me or do you not have to taste your food after it combines in your stomach? I am such a food freak that I eat in mini courses. I eat one type of vegetable, then another, and finally my main course. I do not start on anything until I am finished with the entire serving of whatever I was eating previously. I will, oftentimes, have my side dishes served in separate bowls if they are particularly messy or saucey. There was no real point to this post. I'm just sharing. Perhaps I am hoping that someone else shares my strange food compulsion and I won't feel alone anymore. (would it help if I said a tear just rolled down my cheek?)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer