Monday, August 14, 2006
Nostalgia
I got an email today from a friend who set up a myspace page. He did a wonderful job and the pictures he has on it made me homesick for Montana. I suppose a little bit of background is in order. I grew up near Chicago and spent 24 years there. When I got married we moved to Montana and I spent the best four years of my life there. We decided about two and a half years ago to take up my parents offer of free room and board to allow me to go back to school and get a degree. Hence I am back in the Chicago area but longing for the peaceful tranquility of Montana. Anyway that myspace page left me with even more longing for the west. I also noticed that some of his friends were old mutual friends of ours. I hadn't seen some of these guys in six or seven years. It was strange looking at their pages and glimpsing the life they have now. I have always been intrigued by the feeling of nostalgia. I guess it is more of that going home thing. I know that as I look back at things the good times seem to remain and the troubles and crap tends to disappear. What is it about the "good ole days" that makes us all sigh and look longingly towards the heavens. Maybe it is more that the problems of yesterday are past and nothing looks as big when you look at it from a distance, even problems. I think I may just tip a glass to looking at my current problems from the distance of a few years in the future.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think I may just tip a glass to looking at my current problems from the distance of a few years in the future."

Ooooh...I like the way toy put that, and it's a great way to not "sweat the small stuff"! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Bro.. I'm glad you liked the page!

Southwest Montana has changed a bit, but we still like it. It does get frustrating working for people that can afford to take the time to enjoy it more, and the attitudes that you can get from the rich and spoiled.

I can't focus on that, even though it's my pet peeve... I just have to do the best I can.

Sorry for the rant on traffic and the morons that have been moving here on your other post.
-C-

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer