Saturday, August 12, 2006
Trivial Things
Life has been reliably routine lately. I am training a new guy at work and that has its own adventures but other than that time marches on. The new guy seems uninterested in learning the job. He surfs the internet and takes sales when they come his way, but he is not interested in learning new stuff. I was completing a sale when I mentioned to him that it might be something he needed to watch. He half-heartedly watched while surfing the internet. What is wrong with people. I don't understand this mentality of the younger generation that they are owed a living. It's like he is physically here and that is enough for him. If you want to get him to do anything besides the bare minimum then he wants to get paid more. I always thought that this kind of behavior would get me fired, but apparently these people get away with it. Is the job market so starving for workers that employers will put up with this crap? Maybe I am the wrong one. Maybe I am giving too much for what they pay me. Well, this is obviously true since I am worth at least as much as Bill Gates is but nobody as yet has been willing to pay me that much. Someday I hope to have a job where I get paid at a decent rate and I don't have to work with coworkers that make the local McDonald's crew look like a stellar team of hard working go getters.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll get there bro... It's hard to motivate those that don't want to be motivated. I think you also hit the nail on the head in your comments about pay. It's hard to put in the extra effort when you know the reward doesn't really benefit you that much. ie: an employer that gives a bonus when you do good makes it worth it, but an employer that just says good job, keep it up, and uses all the profit generated by you for themselves makes a bitter employee, or perhaps someone living on a trustfund, or a rich family that is happy about their situation. hell I don't know.. I just bust my ass at a new job, if there is a benefit: Cool... If not, I'll walk away and try again somewhere else.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer