Monday, September 11, 2006
Crack, Now in New Convenient Digital Form
I have always liked RPGs (Role Playing Games). They have always sucked me in from the earliest Final Fantasy games on the Nintendo to table top games like Dungeons & Dragons and the White Wolf games. A few years ago I was introduced to online RPG chat in the White Wolf Vampire the Masquerade venue. I was instantly hooked. I have found, however, that when you get into a bad chat things turn instantly to horrible. When people do not know how to role play or take things too seriously or personally things can go from great to I quit in seconds.

I stopped doing the Vampire chat after the original game started breaking apart. I tried several other venues but nothing really grabbed me. Since my wife left I've been stuck with a huge amount of free time that used to be spent with her. A good friend of mine suggested I try the chat he plays on. I was reluctant at first but then decided that I had nothing better to do so I told him that I would try it out. I poured over the books and tried to learn as much about the system that I could. He plays Mage the Awakening which is a new version of the system I used in Vampire.

I finally decided this last weekend to hang it all and just jump in. In the last three days I've spent an inordinate amount of time in this alternate world. I have found the players to be very good at role play, which is the main reason I play at all. I am thoroughly addicted. I am planning to hop back in just as soon as I finish posting this.

If you want to check out what I'm talking about you can go here and if you would like to see my own character you can check him out here. If you happen to get sucked in like I did, or maybe you already play please say hi to Blazar if you see him around Boston.

I have to go stamp out the bad guys and celebrate with some imagined scotch. I'm getting the shakes from being away too long. Jason, you should be arrested for peddling this stuff.

P.S. If you are looking for a good 9/11 tribute you can go here.


footer