Saturday, September 09, 2006
Fortune Cookies Hate Me
As long as I can remember I have gotten bad fortunes inside fortune cookies. I am not talking about obscure fortunes like 'something good is coming your way'. I am not talking about negative fortunes like 'hide now or you will die'. I am talking about fortunes that don't qualify as fortunes and barely qualify as sentences. I know these cookies are probably made in Peru or something and that fortunes cookies are an American invention, but there must be some kind of mistranslation going on.

I received a fortune after my wonderful mushroom beef lunch (no I'm not posting a picture, it was delicious but those pictures always look like dog crap on a plate). This wonderful fortune says:

"Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought."

WHAT? Did Confucius smoke a joint on his lunch break? What part of this is a fortune? It's not even a good wisdom saying.

I will be posting others as I get them. This kind of fortune is all I ever get. My favorite of all time was:

"It is a nice day outside"

Yeah I actually ate a cookie that tasted like cardboard soaked in plaster for that.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! The messages in some of the fortune cookies are just really bizarre nowadays. There was a chinese restuarant that I worked in a few years ago...they had chocolate flavored fortune cookies...yum.

~Birdie via blogmad

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogmad...
I always get stupid fortues too. For an Asian themed bridal shower we gave, we ordered fortune cookies online that you can write your own fortune. Sometimes I've considered making my own fortunes just to get some good ones...you could try that!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fortunes I get! My last one was "The Happiest Circumstances Are Closest To Home".. at the time I was at a friend's place and all I could think was "I can't WAIT to get out of here".

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I always add 2 words to the end of fortune cookie messages: "In Bed"

Seems to make it more entertaining. You get things like "The day will bring you luck... in bed." etc.

Although this can also make horrific fortunes. lol

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer